Sunday 3 August 2008

A Weekend of Art

Ok ... its almost midnight but I just had to get this down before I went to bed ...

It was one of those Artsy weekends .... firstly the Melbourne Stencil Festival (underwhelming) and then the Melbourne Art Fair 2008 ...

I have mentioned my fascination for Ron Mueck previously and I have noticed that a number of google image searches on said Artist have led to this humble blog ... so I'm not the only one ...

Anyhoo there were a number fo Sam Jink's pieces on display which are very similar to Mueck's ... and I guess evoke a similar response ... the detail is amazing .. right down to the little unruly hairs that drive some of use completely potty ...

Would I buy one if I had the money ... not sure to be honest ... they creep me out ever so slightly .. I woudln't really want to catch sight of one when I'm grappling in teh dark for the toilet light switch ...

Anyhoo they were on display at the Boutwell Draper Gallery stand:


PS ... by the way ... if you want to be added as a friend ... but you don't have a link to your space that I can check out ... could you at least drop me a message and tell me a bit about yourself ... maybe its not the thing to do in this cybernetic world ... but its sort of common courtesy in my book ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...