Sunday 20 June 2010

The Elysian Fields of Youth

Ok ... I went to Germany when I was in my teens and I often look back on that time fondly ... it was my first taste of independence ... of sorts! ... and my first inclination towards the idea that I may one day live somewhere else ... somewhere other than the cultural and mental prison that life had dealt me so far ... but every good tale must have a sting ... and my memories are clouded by the loss of someone dear and the bitter stain of the ensuing years ... and the inevitable realisation that I have come full circle and returned to my prison willingly ... with no one and nothing else to blame but myself ...


But still I take comfort in reminiscing ... I have my imaginings to keep me company on cold winter nights ... should I ever lose these ... I will shut my eyes and never open them again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...