Wednesday 3 December 2008

Its beginning to look alot like a Christmas tie-in ...

Ok ... what I mistook as simply a mistake on the part of the merchandising team, and perhaps considering the global belt-tightening that has been going down, I'd expected that one of the economic casualties this year would be christmas decorations ... now like it or not ... here in melbourne we've never been great at the old yuletide embellishments ... but I was prepared to give props to the art department for painstakingly wrapping up diferent sized balls in gold foil and stringing them up in gradually increasing sizes to form a suspended tree ... when not done carefully these sorts of arrangements are best viewed from the distance ...

anyways ... I've been walking under this suspended horror since it went up a few weeks ago in Melbourne Central (temple of tack ... so I shouldn't be surprised) and didn't give it much thought until I spied the advertsiing banner that was running right through it .... FERRERO ROCHE!!!

OMG!!! Its a massive Ferrero Roche Christmas tree ... and let me tell you about Ferrero Roche ... whats the big effin deal??? there are cheaper more satisfying products out there with a richer chocolatey flavour to consume ... so its wrapped in gold foil and comes in a perspex box ... whatevs!!! How much is a box of Ferroro Roche??? I'd rather have 2 pieces of homemade chocolate simply wrapped in tissue paper ... i'd certainly have a better culinary experience that an entire box of FRs ... god even the nut bits taste stale ...

And definitely no photos ... I couldn't bring msyelf to take one ... the embarrasment of being caught would have shut my system down!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...