Thursday 17 March 2011

I'm moving closer to the action

Ok ... as I prepare to leave for my homeland once more, I turn my thoughts to the devastation in Japan, and wonder in quiet awe at the diginified stoicism its people have in the face of total and utter destruction. Mourning and grief are private occasions in this culture, as it should be. There are no fights or looting, but orderly queues and miraculous patience. It is truly heartbreaking.

In honour we had Japanese at our favourite local EBI ... a simple meal of grilled fish with mushroom on rice.

 

Then I watched 2 horrific videos on the tsunami hitting a town. The power and force and above all else the speed of the onslaught of waves is frightening to behold. We should take some time out today for a moment's pause and be thankful for all the good things in our lives.





Japan, my heart breaks.

2 comments:

  1. Completely with you on this… everytime I think about it, I just don't know where to begin or how to feel. heartbreaking..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know ... and it just keeps getting worse with no end in sight. Insurmountable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...