Thursday 12 April 2012

Besito - happy to oblige

Ok ... I don't know my Colombian from my Peru, but whatever it is they're serving, its delicious and it needs to be accessible post 4pm!! I want my little kiss morning, noon and night! So owners of Besito ... get cracking!

This new addition to Little India on Barkly is already causing a buzz amongst bloggers and online zines alike. The food is simple and delicious and surprisingly light. I say surprising, because I mistakenly associate latin cuisine with rich and heavy textures and flavours.

M had the Indios with chicken which is a fried taco (much like a spring roll or cigar) served with rice, guacamole and salsa verde. Crunchy and oh so yummy. And the combination of flavours was spot on - both distinct and complimentary at the same time.


I had the Quesadilla which was Jamon & queso fresco (a type of cheese) pan fried in a Corn Tortilla with relish and roquette. The Jamon was the best I've ever tasted, and really I think anything tastes good served in a Corn Tortilla.

 
You get a choice of sauces ranging from the mildly sweet to the tartly hot. Its our new discovery - Amazon sauces. Amazing. We're already halfway through our bottle of Amazon Salsa Picante.

And they have great coffee (which is still surprisingly hard to come by round these parts!)

(edit 2/6/2012: Besito now opens for dinner - you may wish to read about a recent visit here.)

Besito on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the "little kiss"! I do love that jamon and their coffee is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...