Sunday 14 April 2013

AA and the Red Light Bunk

Ok ... there was a time when life was all make-believe and teenage daydreams even though we were on the very cusp of adulthood and some of us had experienced things best left for a little later in life. In the meantime in that corner room with the branches of an old tropical hardwood shading the inside from prying eyes, we re-enacted magazine story scenarios accompanied by the latest whatever-tunes we were into, and wondered what it would be like if the other occupants of our floor crashed our little drag soirees.

My drag name was Annie Anus (crass I know)! I won't reveal the extended byline of my gay-de-plume, but one of my favourite numbers was this ... (and I only mimed the chorus really).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...